Pirates Nab Top Spot
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment of the popular franchise, easily took the top spot at the weekend box office. Pirates, Featuring Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush, returning as Jack Sparrow and Hector Barbossa, and starring Penelope Cruz as the daughter of Blackbeard, brought in $90.1 million, edging Fast Five as the year’s best opening weekend. Click the image to enlarge and check the top 5 below.
Box Office Top 5
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides –$90.2 Million (new)
2. Bridesmaids -$20.9 Mil ($59.3 Million overall)
3. Thor– $15.5 Mil ($145.4 Mil overall)
4. Fast Five– $10.6 Mil ($186.2 Mil overall)
5. Priest– $4.8 Mil ($23.8 Mil overall)