Captain America Breaks Harry Potter’s Spell
America’s most patriotic superhero, Captain America, fought past Harry Potter to claim the top spot over the weekend at the box office. The Marvel Comics superhero flick, the last in the lead in to next summer’s Avengers movie, stars Chris Evans as the title hero, Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter and Hugo Weaving as Red Skull. Captain America made $65.1 million, easily topping Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2‘s weekend take of $47.4. Friends With Benefits, the new comedy starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis, debuted in third. Click the pic to enlarge and check out the top five movies at the box office below.
Top 5 Movies for weekend of July 22-24
1. Captain America–$65.1 Million (new)
2. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2– $47.4 Mil ($273.5 Mil overall)
3. Friends With Benefit– $18.6 Mil (new)
4. Transformers:Dark of the Moon– $12.1 Mil ($325.8 Mil overall)
5. Horrible Bosses–$11.9 Mil ($82.6 Mil overall)